A liberal's view of Manuel's management record after 2 years might echo Obama's term as president, except of course that fans are much more demanding for results from sports people than from politicians:
- He only had 2 years under his belt
- He inherited a mess from the previous manager (i.e. administration)
- He is not being given enough time due to racism
- While there was a vast increase in spending on players and infrastructure (new stadium) in the two years, there was no corresponding increase in wins or attendance.
- Results (a pennant) were promised immediately.
- The fans (i.e. taxpayers) were promised no increases in tickets (taxes) because of the spending, but everything from tickets to hot dogs and beer increased (taxes and fees).
- They hired the best players (Ivy Leaguers) .
- Diversity in the management team and the players.